Monday, May 5, 2014

Distracted By The Sexy


Today's story is Distracted By The Sexy, not because I wanted or needed to write this story right away, but because the more I thought about it, the more dialog popped into my head.  By the time I wrote it all down, the story was more than half done.

So now my universe has another superhero team.  Their final name is The Iron Maidens of the Zombie Apocalypse, which encompasses the fact that they wear armor (plate mail bikinis) that protect them from the undead.  The Vampire Hunter Iron Maidens was another choice, but clearly zombies are in the ascendant right now, and vampires are more and more frequently the good guys.

All of these are one-joke characters with no powers, who miraculously got a second story because them forming a team is a second joke.  (Technically Non-Sequitur Lass appeared in five stories previously, and Anime Hair Girl in four of those).  It's unlikely they will surface again.  On the other hand, I can see a running joke where every time Grandpa fights the undead, they complain that they weren't consulted or brought in to help, so that may result in another story.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment