Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Anarchy Is Forever


I failed to write anything last night.  But today I pieced together a full Grandpa Anarchy story, Dead Again.  It was mostly a fully-formed idea that was handed to me by C.D., but it makes a nice short story, I think,

My plan was maybe to write two stories today or even three, but I spent part of the evening watching the last four episodes of Puella Magi Madoka Magica, which, as Sky said, is the single greatest magical girl show ever.  Or at least one of the most interesting, the most tightly-plotted, and one of the darkest as well.  It's quite good, it's only twelve episodes, and it tells a complete story.  I don't think they could add a second season to it; the story's finished after the last episode.  (Although they apparently are doing a movie this year, and there are two manga adaptations of new or different stories that apparently follow different magical girls -- I'll have to look those up and check them out.)

Anyway, Madoka Magica shares some things in common with Venus Versus Virus, in that it's a very dark magical girl vs. demonic-type creatures setup in which people die.  I'm still very interested in trying to work something like that int a Grandpa Anarchy side story involving the Black Moon Maidens (and maybe work in my ideas for a secret society as well -- if I'm talking about a longer story, which I think I am).

In the meantime, I came up with yet another new story idea:  Anarchy Is Forever, in which Grandpa Anarchy is at the Hollywood premier of the latest film based no his own life.  I don't really have big plans beyond that basic premise, but I just figure a well-known hero who's been fighting villains for 70+ years has probably had several films based on his life.  Although probably he sold or gave away the rights to his own life story years ago.

I did look at Girl's School yesterday too.  I need to work on that, but it's a very big undertaking....

No comments:

Post a Comment