Monday, June 16, 2014

Goals For the Rest of June, I Guess


I haven't written anything for more than a week.  The first weekend of June I got sick, and I was sick for most of the next week.  I didn't feel like writing anything.  This past weekend I was feeling much better, but it only takes a week to fall out of the habit of writing regularly, so I got very little done.

What I want to do -- what I absolutely need to do -- is finish World of Hero.  Already I want to  reread through the parts I have finished and start reworking them, but I haven't finished the story yet.  I need to do that first.  Then I need to finish Return to Amethyst.  And I need to do both before July 1st, because I want to do something different for Camp NaNoWriMo in July.  So I have 2 weeks to get things done.

What I actually did this past weekend was start a new short story.  This one I call Substitute, because the whole idea is for Grandpa Anarchy to become a one-day substitute teacher at a school for gifted students -- something like Professor X's Academy, only without mentioning the word mutant.  As soon as I had the idea I  thought it was brilliant and wrote it down, then went to bed, then got up again because I had too many ideas/jokes in my head for the story and wanted to write them down.  On the one hand I'm glad I wrote all of that down because I wouldn't have remembered the next day.  On the other hand, all I have are a setting and some jokes.  I can't figure out an ending that works for me yet.  But I still like the idea.

I watched a lot of Stargate SG1 this weekend.  I'm working my way through season 3 now.  I know I'll eventually get around to writing at least one "stargate" story for Grandpa Anarchy as well, Gate Into Danger, I'm just waiting for the right inspiration to strike.

No comments:

Post a Comment