Sunday, October 27, 2019
What To Do For NaNoWriMo?
I haven't decided what I'm going to work on for NaNoWriMo. As usual I have too many existing projects to want to start something new. My choices:
1. Random Grandpa Anarchy Stories. I have a lot of them. This would allow me to finish the arc I'm working on currently before jumping into something else.
2. Longer Unfinished Grandpa Anarchy Stories. I have several:
World of Hero (book 2) one of my oldest stories and a take on the cancellation of City of Heroes in 2013
Second Class (book 4) a story about the Black Moon Maidens and about Nina Ballerina leaving the League of Two-Fisted Justice
Oz On The Half Shell (book 5) a nearly finished story about fantasy realms and someone trying to take Grandpa Anarchy's place (who happens to be a version of Grandpa Anarchy)
3. Grandpa Anarchy: Serial Anarchy. This is a planned novel with a cliffhanger ending for every chapter. I came up with it for one of my NaNo projects several years ago, and never got further than the first three chapters.
4. Grandpa Anarchy: The Companions. This is another old NaNo project that I didn't finish; it is a series of stories about Kid Anarchy in the 1920's and the different companions that he had (one story per companion). I have several partially-written stories for this project.
5. Grandpa Anarchy: Magical Girl Death Match. This is a plotted idea that I've never written. It would be a novel-length story involving a deadly magical girl smart phone game run by aliens. Bonus: I know a lot more about the aliens now since they've appeared in my most recent series of stories.
6. Grandpa Anarchy: Anarchy On Vacation. Another planned series of stories on a theme, Grandpa Anarchy goes on vacation and others must fill in for him. Meanwhile, he and Popeye Khan go on a quest to track down a certain demon... so basically he isn't really vacationing.
7. Girls School (anime fan fiction). I haven't worked in my sprawling Ranma 1/2 fan fiction story in a few years. It'll never be finished, but I'd like to at least wrap up the plots I started and am in the middle of. I forget how much of it has been published.
8. Nerima All Stars (anime fan fiction). I wrote on this for one NaNoWriMo, and it's not complete. I've never published it. It involves Ranma 1/2, Ah My Goddess, and superheroes. I'd like to complete it so I can publish it, but I'm not sure even 50,000 words would wrap it up.
9. A Goddess In Oz (anime fan fiction). Well to be honest I'm not going to tackle this one I think, but it would be nice to finish it at last. It's mostly an Oz/Ah My Goddess crossover, but there are other anime characters that were going to show up later. I had a good plan for how the story would go.
Like I said, I don't really plan to start anything new, so those are my options.