Saturday, November 2, 2013

NaNoWriMo!


Wednesday I worked on Stronger.  I have the framework for this story now -- a tale of Grandpa Anarchy's past.  I consider this an important story that should fit into my 2nd novel, when I get ready to publish that.  But aside from figuring out the basics, I didn't get much actual writing done.

Thursday I began rereading Girls School, my massive fan fiction story that I want to work on for NaNoWriMo.  I continued to read it on Friday.  It's a massive story, and I didn't get all the way through the first 16 chapters before I decided to skip ahead to chapter 25 and beyond.  I did some rewriting of chapter 25-29 last night, and then I decided that chapter 25 was ready to publish, so I put it up on Fanfiction.net.  I've been worried that this chapter didn't work, but after last night I decided it was as good as I could make it -- and based on reader feedback so far, I guess it does work.

My NaNoWriMo goal is to finish chapters 30-31, and then chapter 40, and anything unwritten beyond that point (beyond chapter 44).  I want to finally connect everything up here and make it possible to finally publish some of these chapters I wrote 7 or 8 years ago!

I'm off to a slow start, but I'm not worried.  I spent all of yesterday and part of this morning reading before I finally got to the place where I needed to write more.  Will update when I have more to say!




No comments:

Post a Comment