Monday, September 2, 2013

Writing Update for August

Saturday was a Tai-Pan workshop day, so I set aside my Grandpa Anarchy stuff and attempted to assemble a Tai-Pan short.  Earlier in the year I had written Banker's Blues and Space Miner's Blues, and I wanted to try and assemble a third story along these lines as a sort of trilogy.  These are very simple stories without any real plot, just Musachin and Bottles the Bartender trading jokes, with Bottles usually telling a longer shaggy dog story as if it were true.

I set about with the idea of telling a story involving janitors and perhaps including the janitor I'd created a while back for the Quantum Lady -- I think his name is Cornelius Webster.  But finding a good shaggy dog story to rewrite wasn't easy.  I was not able to find a good one about janitors, but I found something I liked about ballerinas, so I created a niece of Musachin's (he has a lot of relatives on the QL at this point) and after a while I had a short bit of fluff titled Ballerina Blues.

I didn't write anything on Sunday -- at least, I didn't complete anything.  I created a new story file titled Girl Power Play, about the revenge of Princess Paulina on Grandpa Anarchy.  This is set three years after X Chromosome, so it's meant to be a sequel that takes place long after that story, but I had the idea -- it just seemed obvious that Princess Paulina would seek revenge -- so I started it immediately.  And Monday morning I had worked out much of what I wanted it to be, and managed to completely finish it.  I retitled it Fate of a Maid

Although I don't have any ideas for a further sequel, there probably needs to be one.  This is a fantasy world, so the rule of trilogies applies.  (Which is also true of my Amethyst world stories -- I have a sequel planned called Miles to Go Before I Sleep, but there probably will need to be a trilogy.)

 Anyway, that makes 28 stories written for the month of August (27 of them Grandpa Anarchy stories) and 29 stories total written through Sept 2nd.

2013 Goals:

Goal 1 - Write a Grandpa Anarchy Story a Week:

January 2013

Jan 19:  DarkFireDragonNinja  (begun several years ago)
Jan 24:  OmniGen Again  (begun Jan 23)
Jan 25:  Veteran of the Bone Wars  (begun Dec 30)
Jan 29:  Nemesis  (begun Dec 10)

February 2013

Jan 31:  Turncoats (begun Dec 8)
Feb 3:  There Ain't No Justice  (begun Nov 29)
Feb 5:  City of the Monkey God  (begun Nov 26)
Feb 7:  Future Me  (begun Jan 31)

March 2013

Feb 10:  Roll of the Die  (begun Feb 10)
Feb 11:  Trouble Focusing  (begun, Nov 21, in theory)
Feb 19:  Dead Again  (begun Feb 18)
Apr 24:  Most Dangerous  (begun Feb 09)

April 2013

Apr 27:  The Thing in the Suitcase  (begun Feb 16)
June 24:  An Inconvenient Airship
June 25:  Continuity Error
June 27:  The Devil in the Details

May 2013

June 30:  Dark Anarchy
July 1:  Ruse
July 1:  The R Word
Aug 3:  Space Kraken

June 2013

Aug 3:  Triple Aaar!
Aug 4:  Take Me Back to Constantinople
Aug 4:  The Chef that Time Forgot
Aug 5:  The Time of Your Life

July 2013

Aug 6:  Endangered Species
Aug 7:  Anarchy Is Forever
Aug 8:  Brothers and Sisters
Aug 12:  Self-Made Man

Aug 2013

Aug 13:  Hackernaut
Aug 15:  Gutbucket Magic
Aug 17:  Questionable Judgment
Aug 17:  Zero Hour

Sept 2013

Aug 18:  Your Stupid, Stupid Minds
Aug 20:  The Statue Got Me High
Aug 22:  Black Moon Rising
Aug 24:  Pick of the Litter

Oct 2013

Aug 24:  Pandora's Closet
Aug 25:  Magic is a Bitch
Aug 26:  Transformation Station
Aug 26:  Youth is Wasted on the Young

Nov 2013

Aug 27:  Historically Accurate
Aug 28:  Curse of the Teenager
Aug 28:  I Was a Teenage Ballerina
Aug 29:  Vows

Dec 2013

Aug 29:  Damsel in Distress
Aug 30:  X Chromosome
Sept 2:  Fate of a Maid

As you can see I'm now well ahead of my goal.  One more story will complete this goal.

Goal 2 - Write a Tai-Pan Story a Month:

Feb 16  The Pilgrimage of Ian St. Ritz  (January Tai-Pan story, 10,000 words)
Feb 23:  Space Miner Blues
Feb 23:  Banker Blues
Mar 07:  Hair of the Throug that Bit Me
Mar 17:  Cursed Be Ye Who Moves These Bones
Aug 31:  Ballerina Blues

Still 2 stories behind my goal, but at least I wrote something this month.


Goals 3 & 4

I did not draw anything or work on non-Tai-Pan non-Grandpa Anarchy stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment