Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Camp NaNoWriMo -- Update for July

 I'm participating in Camp NaNoWriMo for July, even though no one else I know is doing it (apparently) and even though for some reason I almost always fail July's Camp NaNoWriMo.  Writing in July seems hard for me.


Anyway, I started out working on a story I called Buttercup, which was meant to be an introduction story to the space adventures arc.  This is where we meet their spaceship, and introduce more properly the idea that we're going on a series of space adventures with these characters.  I'd been working on this story idea for much of June, but I finally managed to finish it this past week, after working on it a bit the first two days of July and then failing to write anything for several days.

After this, I managed to write another story called Chaos Theory which happens right after Buttercup, and I guess it works okay.  I had yet a third idea for a story called Baby Sat, but I don't think I will write that at this point.  I might come back to it as it seemed like a fun idea, but for now I figured the actual space adventures should follow.


I spent the other night reworking the order of all of my space stories -- I'd "filled in" gaps in the numbered order of stories several times and consequently my numbering order no longer made any sense, with two, three, even four stories sharing the same story number at different points.  Here's what I came up with:


423  All I Ever Wanted

424  My Clone Sleeps Alone

425  Buttercup

426  Chaos Theory

427  Girl Squared

428  Amaranthine Shores

429  The Spice of Life

430  Good Vibrations (unfinished)

431  Woofy (unfinished)

432  Wrong Number

433  Endorsement

434  Optimal Performance

435  Transformations

436  Doomscrolling

437  Frills and Bows

438  Mating Ritual

439  Marry Her  (unfinished)

440  Afterglow

441  My Own Daughter

442  Ambassador

443  Real Girl

444  Hate Crime

445  Academy

446  Revenge

447  Powerslave


Unfinished Stories that I still plan to write:


450  Ghost

450  Beauty Treatment

450  Becoming the Story

450  Kitten

450  Noticeable One

450  True Colors


Right now I'm working on Good Vibrations, which is a space adventure story that I should have no problems finishing by tomorrow or the next day.  I plan to finish Woofy after that, and then tackle one or two stories for which Marry Her is the current stand-in -- stories that help set up the marriage to Cat better.  Then, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment