Thursday, September 24, 2020

Writing Update Sept 24 2020

 I wrote a blog post on August 13.  I never posted it.  It was a bit rambling and incoherent, because I was trying to figure out how to get my story the Return of Sally Stardust off the ground -- to figure out what the central plot of the story was, and how to introduce it at the beginning.  But at the time I hadn't figured this out.

I wrote another blog post around the first week of September.  I also never posted this, but I felt it was a much better explanation of my struggles on my story, and I really felt like I'd solved the key to making the story work.  I liked that blog entry, even though I didn't post it.  I meant to, but then I started working on other stuff and even though I was certain I'd figured out how to write my story, I didn't actually write it.  Just the blog post.

...which I can't find now.  Either I didn't save it, or I  saved it under some weird name in some random folder that I can't remember.  It's not where it ought to be.  I do vaguely remember saving it with whatever default name popped up based on the first line of the text file.  But I can't find it now, it's lost.

Part of my problem is that I tend to write more at work, on my breaks, but I'm no longer able to view or update my blog from work as the company decided to block web access to blogs.  For some reason I have a hard time bringing myself to do these things when I'm at home.  I think I wrote my second blog post at home, late at night, but... can't find the file now.

Anyway, here's everything I've done since July:

For Camp NaNoWriMo in July, I finished X stories:


403  Miss Trinity  finished 7/5
404  Pillar of Light finished 7/8
406  COVID Warrior finished 7/10
407  Robe and Wizard's Hat  finished 7/12  (working title was Balrog)
408  Asylum  finished 7/13
405  Fox Con  finished 7/15
409  It's Complicated  finished 7/16

410  University of Hard Knocks finished 7/18

411 To Punch A Hitler  finished 7/19

From July 20th, through all of August and into the first week of September, I was working on the Return of Sally Stardust.  Along the way I added a lot of background lore in an attempt to understand my characters better.  I did a lot of writing but I don't have a great deal to show for it at present since my story still doesn't have a completed opening scene.

From the first week of September up until this week, I was trying to work on my A Bomb In Heaven cycle of stories.  This is a group of related stories with an overall theme/plot that I started last year.  I have about 20 or so completed stories, but I still haven't finished the cycle and wrapped things up.  In any case, I reworked the first several stories and I wrote a new "interlude" that is not finished, and... that was about it.

This past week I decided to go back and work on regular one-off Grandpa Anarchy stories, which for whatever reason are much easier for me to do.  I've completed two stories this week and I'm working on another titled Micronations.  My two completed stories:


412  Internet Villains  completed 9/21

413  Indestructible  completed 9/23


And... that's what I've done with my writing the past three months.


No comments:

Post a Comment