Saturday, November 19, 2016

Writer's Night for November 2016


Writer's Night this month was at Sheryl and Shan's place in Federal Way.  Chuck was there, Matt, and Quinn.

We did a reading of a short play that Quinn wrote.  Very absurdist, kind of like a Monty Python sketch.  I liked it but I'm not sure about the ending.  In any case, he's going to work on it and try it on us again at a later point I think.

I was checking my recent Grandpa Anarchy stories before picking one to read -- I still have five that I haven't posted yet, even though I haven't written a new one since November 1st.  I've been working on Nerima All-Stars, an old fanfic story that I was hoping I could finish by the end of NaNoWriMo, but I'm now suspecting ls at least twice the 50,000 word limit to finish up.  I kind of want to finish it before publishing any of it, so that I can publish all of it at once -- but if I don't finish it this month I'm not sure when I will.  I still have plans to do at least two Christmas ghost stories for December, so that I can publish one or both on my Grandpa Anarchy story blog.

Anyway, I have five unpublished stories, and I could barely remember what happens in any of them.  I pulled them up and after looking them over decided to read Annie Two, which is about the new computer that replaced the venerable Anarchy Computer.  People seemed to like it.  I've actually written two stories involving Annie Two, and had one more planned, but people suggested a direction to take the new AI that sounds like a lot of fun so I'll probably have one or two more stories figured out based on that line of thought soon.

Sheryl read a short story that's not quite finished, except that it's the second version of the story so she was able to read the end of the first version to give us a pretty good idea of how the second story will also end.  It's a fairytale-based story and I liked the premise quite a bit.  We gave her a few suggestions.  She has some other stories in a similar vein, I don't think I've heard any of them until I heard this one though.

Over all it was another good Writer's Night, but I didn't get any writing done for NaNoWriMo today, and I'm already behind.  :/

No comments:

Post a Comment