Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Oct 12 - 2 New Stories Written

I'm in a much better mood this week.  All last week I struggled to come up with a Halloween story.  Towards the end of the week I strung together the part of the story where Grandpa explains all of the weird things in his hidden room in the basement, but I still wasn't exactly sure of the ending.  By Friday I had decided on how to end it but I still didn't manage to finish the story off, and then I didn't work on it all weekend.

Monday morning I finally finished the story, and I'm pretty happy with it.  Tuesday I finished off an old story called Sisterly Love, about Grandpa visiting a city in Japan that is the sister city of Frosthaven NJ.  This was a story I started in 2015 and was never able to finish, and so I'm really happy that I finally went back anc completed it.  It was pretty much the only unfinished story from book 5.  I still have 3-5 unfinished stories from books 2-4 though, and several from book 6.  I was going to work on another of those called Gate Into Danger today (a kind of homage/parody of Stargate), but instead I've started in on a different idea I had last night.

I was thinking about how some of the archvillains in the old City of Heroes game that I played for years would shout things at you as you fought them, and I wondered, what if they weren't supervillains you were trying to stop from taking over the world, but just your next-door neighbor?  Who are Grandpa Anarchy's neighbors anyway?  What if there's that one house that always seems to be occupied by villains?  I just like the idea of some of Grandpa's confrontations with Supervillains being over the usual neighbor squabbles like don't let your dog crap on my lawn, you need to mow your lawn and get rid of the weeds they're spreading onto my property, stop playing music at all hours of the night, etc.  ^_^  I titled the story Good Fences Make Good Neighbors but so far it's just a jumble of one-liners and a list of who might have been Grandpa's neighbors in the past.  But this one has potential and is an angle I haven't written before, so I'll probably have something done soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment