Tuesday, July 30, 2013

There Be Whales...

Today's editing project was There Be Whales.  Only I'm not sure what, if anything is wrong with it -- other than it seems much longer than it probably should be.  But reading through it tonight, I didn't find much that I wanted to chop out.  I cut a few short sections and tightened it up a bit, but on the whole I like how the story ends, and most of what's in the story... I'm just not sure if it really works at the current length, even after I chopped it down a bit.  I cut it from 2,891 words to 2,551 words... still quite long for one of my silly Grandpa Anarchy stories.  Probably too long, but meh.  I think I need someone else's opinion on it at this point.

Anyway, I gave it an attempted rewrite.

No comments:

Post a Comment